Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Deck the house
So, last week I volunteered again for Habitat for Humanity. This time no insulation (thank-you, thank-you!) but decking. This involved removing the work done on the deck by previous volunteers. As you can probably guess it sometimes happens that there are a few missteps when building a house with volunteer labour. So, many hours of removing nails, one at a time. Who knew how satisfying it could be to remove a nail? Even more satisfying to drive one in. This time I worked with a group of motivated and smart women. By the end of the day we were a great team! As always many comments about how good it was to get out of the office. There really is something great about manual labour. By the end of the day I thought my arm would fall off, but it was good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment